PDA

View Full Version : FEAPpv on snow leopard

stang06
Nov 6, 2009, 03:08 PM
I'm a mechanical engineer student with very little programming know how, and i'm trying to get FEAPpv

http://www.ce.berkeley.edu/projects/feap/feappv/

to make install in snow leopard. I get it all set up via the instructions and it seems to be working until I get this error:

ar: /Users/stang06/Applications/feappv22/ver22/Feappv.a is a fat file (use libtool(1) or lipo(1) and ar(1) on it)
ar: /Users/stang06/Applications/feappv22/ver22/Feappv.a: Inappropriate file type or format
--->/Users/stang06/Applications/feappv22/ver22/program objects now up-to-date<---
(cd elements; make archive)

then it continues and i get the error three or four more times until at the end I get this error:

ar: /Users/stang06/Applications/feappv22/ver22/Feappv.a is a fat file (use libtool(1) or lipo(1) and ar(1) on it)
ar: /Users/stang06/Applications/feappv22/ver22/Feappv.a: Inappropriate file type or format
--->/Users/stang06/Applications/feappv22/ver22/user objects now up-to-date<---
--> FEAPpv Archive updated <--
(cd main; make feappv)
ranlib /Users/stang06/Applications/feappv22/ver22/Feappv.a
gfortran -o feappv feappv.o /Users/stang06/Applications/feappv22/ver22/Feappv.a \
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lm
Undefined symbols:
"_gdx11_", referenced from:
_plstop_ in Feappv.a(plstop.o)
_plopen_ in Feappv.a(plopen.o)
_plline_ in Feappv.a(plline.o)
_pppcol_ in Feappv.a(pppcol.o)
_plclos_ in Feappv.a(plclos.o)
_plstrt_ in Feappv.a(plstrt.o)
_plstrt_ in Feappv.a(plstrt.o)
_tplot_ in Feappv.a(tplot.o)
_clpan_ in Feappv.a(clpan.o)
_plabl_ in Feappv.a(plabl.o)
_dplot_ in Feappv.a(dplot.o)
_dplot_ in Feappv.a(dplot.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [feappv] Error 1
make: *** [feappv] Error 2

I've done some searching and it seems likely that the makefile.in configuration needs some tweaking, though i have no clue what, and that there might be some issues with gfortran and 32 64 bit confusion. Any help would be greatly appreciated.