PDA

View Full Version : Fail to connect 15" powerbook to 15" macbook pro as a second display?

kyza
Nov 6, 2009, 07:37 PM
I've tried to connect my macbook pro and my powerbook with a dvi cable, when I tried to detect display from my new macbook pro nothing happen, does anyone know how should I connect my powerbook as a second display for my macbook pro?

Really appreciate if anyone can answer me! xx

spinnerlys
Nov 6, 2009, 08:00 PM
The only Mac with a video in port is the new 27" iMac via mini DisplayPort.

You PowerBook and MackBook Pro are not able to have a video input via the DVI port.

You can have a look at Screen Recycler, which extends your display via Ethernet.

appleguy123
Nov 6, 2009, 08:20 PM
I've tried to connect my macbook pro and my powerbook with a dvi cable, when I tried to detect display from my new macbook pro nothing happen, does anyone know how should I connect my powerbook as a second display for my macbook pro?

Really appreciate if anyone can answer me! xx

Something wrong withthis (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=815773) other thread you made?

kyza
Nov 7, 2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks a lot for ur reply, really appreciated it! I will try to check the web, this is my first time in this forum so I am not so sure how things work here, I thought i wasn't working when i posted it last time so i did it again! oopsss...:p