Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

55test55

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
I really liked the look of it (black one) and i hear the newer colors (solid colors) are improved, and it seemed pretty sturdy. Also, ilounge gave it good reviews. Only thing is that it's kind of pricey @ $35. Do the darker case colors pick of scratches or is it pretty resistant?

Should i go for it? Is there anywhere I can get it for a little less money?

Thanks!

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
I have had the white one for a little over 3 months. It looks nice but is makes the iPhone very bulky. Also, the bottom part started to break and looks pretty bad now.

Besides that, its pretty good and offers excellent drop protection.

Battery Pulse

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2009
United States
My friend has a Speck CS which I've tried out for a day. I can honeStly say it's a great case. Like theprevious poster said, it does ad a little bulk, but it's no so bad. Knowing that it offers great protection makes you not even care about the little extra bulk. Also, it's one great looking case with cool colour schemes. I also enjoyed the rubber lining.
If I were you, I would tottaly get it. I didn't use it long enough to know how it fares against scratches.

V4705

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
just like the reveal, flick, agent18 and every other shiny plastic case.

but this isn't a deal-breaker for me, i got 3 colors (black, white and the dark gray-green) and love them all.

55test55

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
alright, the speck candy shell batwing black is black/grey, right?

is that the new color? because i thought it was black/black but apparently not.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My friend has a Speck CS which I've tried out for a day. I can honeStly say it's a great case. Like theprevious poster said, it does ad a little bulk, but it's no so bad. Knowing that it offers great protection makes you not even care about the little extra bulk. Also, it's one great looking case with cool colour schemes. I also enjoyed the rubber lining.
If I were you, I would tottaly get it. I didn't use it long enough to know how it fares against scratches.

I :apple: my Speck case! (Mac my speck; that is)

Yes it adds a lil' bulk - not like those tank cases that are just ugly. Its still rounded like the iPhone and with the rubber lining I'm positive it'll protect the iPhone shell and prevent scratches from normal waist height falls (even if your 6'5"). The added bonus is that it prevents dust/spec's of hard dirt from getting on the back of the iPhone to scratch it.

The candy shells do come with screen-saver. The shells are a bit hard to take off but you don't have to worry about ruining the iPhone in doing so. The bonus is when you put your iPhone+Speck shell face down the screen does not touch the surface (table/desk). 3rd bonus is my iphone with the candy shell is able to connect with my JBL SoundStage III; which I'm VERY happy about.

If I can find a more fashionable case that is slimmer and offers similar protection then I'll go for that instead: wearing the Speck CandyShell iPhone in dress pants does show a little bit too much.

55test55

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
thanks! I ordered the black/grey one. I really did like the look of it a lot, although i dont really like how the word 'speck' is inlaid on the back. hopefully its not too big. ive heard nothing but good things about it, and ilounge gave the newer colors even better reviews because the product design was improved!

although im not terribly excited about the visible scratches, and im liking the look of the white/grey one a lot too...(but i felt like it didnt make sense to get a white case for a black phone).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.