Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
this game is absolutely sick..its like halo/COD for the iphone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdCU2Kyo2f8

i HATE how it takes 4 hours for energy to recharge..its their way of forcing you to buy more energy..SOOOOO LAME..i wouldve rather payed a few bucks for the app than wait 4 hours

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
how? whats the best gun? and did you buy a lot of credits?

Oxxy

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2008
The four hour recharge is no fun, but you can still play like normal with no energy, you just don't earn credits

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
how? whats the best gun? and did you buy a lot of credits?

You need to battle the developers to gain more credits for free.

I finally got the Tanker:

a38b6a3c.jpg

14377553.jpg

e052f92c.jpg

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
You need to battle the developers to gain more credits for free.

Daaamn. Well I'll be many many 4 hour waiting blocks until I get anywhere near that.

On the plus side, I'm getting very used to this game. It might be because the 3 games I just played I got put with rather easy ppl but I still feel good cos I'm only level 5.

Ps: there was a longer thread about this game here, but I can't find it. Can someone link it here please :)

Wildwichtel

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2009
Upgrade Armor

Hi guys,

has anyone figured out whats the point of upgrading my armor´s "targeting"? I mean, it is me who does the targeting, isnt it? Also, whats the point of the cloaking upgrade? I get cloaked when I pick up the cloaking power up, and the length of that is determined by my "powerup" level... So whats the point?

Wildwichtel

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
i wanna know what the best gun is..i have enough credits to buy the plasma rifle (600C) but i dont want to waste it if the gun is no good..i bought the vaporizer (or something like that..it shoots purple balls) ITS USELESS..wasted so many C's on it DONT BUY IT

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
i wanna know what the best gun is..i have enough credits to buy the plasma rifle (600C) but i dont want to waste it if the gun is no good..i bought the vaporizer (or something like that..it shoots purple balls) ITS USELESS..wasted so many C's on it DONT BUY IT

- Plasma Gun & Auto Rifle are the best for close distance attacks.
- Gravity Hook is great to get items and credits remaining in the zone.
- Rocket & Antimatter are good for snipping long distance attacks.
- Vaporizer is just a useless lazer gun that cause less damage.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
- Plasma Gun & Auto Rifle are the best for close distance attacks.
- Gravity Hook is great to get items and credits remaining in the zone.
- Rocket & Antimatter are good for snipping long distance attacks.
- Vaporizer is just a useless lazer gun that cause less damage.

I wish they would let you trade in gear if you dont like it, for less credit.

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
The vaporizer is the weakest of all weapons, yet it's expencive.

The antimatter is the second weakest and might be dangerous to your self if you throw the energy ball to the wall, it could bounce at you and get hit.

The rocketer is powerfull but you need to target very well because if you shoot on the ground of a wall infront of you, you could get blowed.

The gravity hook is a very usefull tool to steal items and replaces the air jet.

Auto riffle is a fast shooter and it takes multiple hits to kill.

The plasma gun is a slow shooter but takes 2 hit to kill.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
The vaporizer is the weakest of all weapons, yet it's expencive.

The antimatter is the second weakest and might be dangerous to your self if you throw the energy ball to the wall, it could bounce at you and get hit.

The rocketer is powerfull but you need to very well because if you shoot on the ground of a wall infront of you, you could get blowed.

The gravity hook is a very usefull tool to steal items and replaces the air jet.

Auto riffle is a fast shooter and it takes multiple hits to kill.

The plasma gun is a slow shooter but takes 2 hit to kill.

thanks for the info, i found out the hard way.

Pumapayam

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2009
Glitch

Anyone notice the time to recharge is really 241:41 minutes rather than 240:00?

Also, they are not consecutive, you have to log in sometime after the 4 hours to get the next charge cycle going.

As for my stats, I am going for the Assault suit and maxing about the Plasma Cannon, with is about as good as a shotgun in a typical FPS.

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
yeah the shotgun is the best gun..im gonna upgrade it..rocket launcher is pretty useless IMO..the game goes too quick for you to switch back and forth constantly..i just hate how you have to wait 4 hours in between plays..and i refuse to give them any business because of their schemey tactics

Pumapayam

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2009
yeah the shotgun is the best gun..im gonna upgrade it..rocket launcher is pretty useless IMO..the game goes too quick for you to switch back and forth constantly..i just hate how you have to wait 4 hours in between plays..and i refuse to give them any business because of their schemey tactics

Okay, I know what you are saying, but at the same time, I don't think you know what you are saying.

You can actually play as much as you want, without waiting 4 hours between charges.

Your "kills", "skills", and game wins all get logged and accounted for in your Plus+ leaderboard regardless if you have energy or not.

What you are complaining is that you have to wait 4 hours to gain credits to upgrade and buy new items.

I know you knew that already, and if not, now you know and knowing is half the battle.:)

ViPa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
yeah i know..but i dont like playing w/o getting credits..it doesnt feel right

anyways..theyre recharging every hour for a short time..good job ngmoco, our cries were heard!

dvlguy

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2009
armors?

Hey pika or anyone, can you post any or all the armors please? i want to see how the credits are different. It seems like that armors have certain attributes that are cheaper to get than others.

Psycdude

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2008
Recharge time decreased

I just wanted to let you all know that the developer seemed to listen to all the feedback regarding the long recharge rate for energy (necessary for advancement in the game).
For the past several days it's now only a 1 hour wait to earn energy. This makes a big difference in the game for me, and I am thrilled that the developer took in all our feedback.
Awesome game, add me as an game buddy and challenge me if you dare!:D
I am "Psycdude".

iSpaghettiCat

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2009
Miami, FL
I just wanted to let you all know that the developer seemed to listen to all the feedback regarding the long recharge rate for energy (necessary for advancement in the game).
For the past several days it's now only a 1 hour wait to earn energy. This makes a big difference in the game for me, and I am thrilled that the developer took in all our feedback.
Awesome game, add me as an game buddy and challenge me if you dare!:D
I am "Psycdude".

Ngmoco didn't take that idea from any feedback. They chose to put it at a 1 hour charge because of Modern Warfare 2:

@ArsenalMegacorp said:
Employees! We are offering 4X energy recharge rate for a limited time to make it easier for you to clock in between MW2 deployments. Enjoy!

But yesterday, according to this tweet:

@ArsenalMegacorp said:
Get back to work employees! Increased productivity is a good thing. The 4x faster recharge rate will remain in effect until further notice.

The 1 hour fast recharge stays for now until they say it's over.

Psycdude

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2008
Good information iSpaghettiCat, thank you.

EndlessEcho, I added you.
In response to your questions, it's hard to say what the best upgrades are. I've tried to stick with the Plasma Cannon alone, and just focused my credits on upgrading this as much as possible.
I have done the same thing with my armor, sticking with the basic setup up, but upgrading it almost to the max now. I have seen people really play well with an upgraded Auto Rifle, which seems cool but my investment in the Plasma Cannon is too large to stop at this point.

If anyone knows of a forum or article with more detailed information for various armors, weapons, tips, etc. I would be interested.

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
Well i meant without upgrades I have the guy that has real fast speed. I want the tanker but is the duble sacrifice of speed worth the defense. Or should i go for assault? Thx

I personally use Tanker + Gravity Hook for speed.

With Tanker, i can still survive after getting hit by 3 rockets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.