PDA

View Full Version : How To Record 3 People In Separate Locations & What Mics To Use?

blairh
Nov 7, 2009, 04:09 PM
Hey everyone.

I have a two part question. I could really use your help.

Two friends and I are looking to record a weekly podcast. The three of us are in different locations. We all have Macs, and are looking to use Ichat for a conference chat between the three of us, along with Garageband to record the conversation. If you are familiar with Garageband you know this is a built in feature.

My first question is: Can the three of us have a conversation via Ichat and have it easily recorded into Garageband? The second question is: What mics should the three of us be using? We want something simple (plug and play). A friend suggested condenser USB mics however one of my podcast buddies fears that the voice of the person talking at the time will get picked up by the condenser mics of the other two people. Is this true? And if so, what do we need to use mic wise? My friend is looking to use a headset type mic that would replicate what he uses at work.

Please help. Thanks!

zimv20
Nov 7, 2009, 09:40 PM
one of my podcast buddies fears that the voice of the person talking at the time will get picked up by the condenser mics of the other two people. Is this true?

yes, that would be true of any kind of mic if you're monitoring the conversation through speakers. everyone should be wearing headphones, preferably closed-back, and not so loud that the mic picks up headphone bleed.

there are many mic choices, the simplest set up would probably be a USB mic.