Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kpangilinan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
New York
I got the 4GB 4G iPod Shuffle three weeks ago and I'm having problems with it. I can't control the volume, change the track, get the name of the song, or switch between playlists. Everytime I press the remote on the earphones, nothing works. Sometimes I get an orange blinking light which doesn't make sense because the iPod is fully charged. Is this happening to anyone else? What do you guys think I should do? I tested the earphones on other iPods and the only thing it can do is change tracks, not the volume. It's very frustrating.

mankar4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2007
USA
Either a lemon or you got water in it. Take it back to the store and get a replacement if you can.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Most likely the controls are stuffed. Take it in, it'll be under warranty.

And it's a 3G shuffle, not a 4G.

thunderboltspro

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2009
Midwest
I got the 4GB 4G iPod Shuffle three weeks ago and I'm having problems with it. I can't control the volume, change the track, get the name of the song, or switch between playlists. Everytime I press the remote on the earphones, nothing works. Sometimes I get an orange blinking light which doesn't make sense because the iPod is fully charged. Is this happening to anyone else? What do you guys think I should do? I tested the earphones on other iPods and the only thing it can do is change tracks, not the volume. It's very frustrating.

Sounds like its the headphones the culprit. try another head phones on it and see if it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.