Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicman0725

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Looks like our HD Purchase content just increased dramatically. I see plenty of Disney movies now available for purchase in HD on iTunes. In addition, I saw Iron Man available for purchase in HD (Paramount), but that could be due to Disney's purchase of Marvel (the studio is listed as Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios). Hopefully more studios will come on board but this is certainly a welcome addition.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Looks like our HD Purchase content just increased dramatically. I see plenty of Disney movies now available for purchase in HD on iTunes. In addition, I saw Iron Man available for purchase in HD (Paramount), but that could be due to Disney's purchase of Marvel (the studio is listed as Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios). Hopefully more studios will come on board but this is certainly a welcome addition.

The Marvel deal hasn’t closed yet. And Disney has noted that all movie contracts and licensees will retain their original rights when the deal closes.

In short, Paramount Pictures will always be in charge of that Iron Man’s distribution.

But yeah, the new HD movies are great! :) I hope Sony, Universal and some of the other studios come on board. My vote is Fox will be next, followed by Sony then Universal (if ever).

I wish Steve Jobs would take more interest in the Apple TV. Maybe if the Disney HD movies do well, he will.

mamun05

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2009
Apple adds extensive HD content

In March, Apple added the ability to purchase HD content though iTunes but so far the giant store has had little noteworthy HD films or TV episodes.

Starting today, however, Apple has added an extensive amount of content, including pre-orders for blockbuster movies such as Star Trek and Academy-award winning films such as The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, No Country For Old Men and Pixar's latest, Up.

The news comes after Sony announced that Disney HD content is now available for purchase via the PlayStation Store.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Finally! Still need more studios though. They need to make an upgrade path from SD purchases like they did for iTunes Plus...not holding my breath though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.