PDA

View Full Version : Logic Pro (not Studio) glitches

duckline
Nov 10, 2009, 11:35 PM
I have 2 problems.

When I create new tracks, track 2 often "mirrors" what's happening in track 1!

For example, I record something on track 1. When I play it back, it is also playing on track 2, but there is nothing on track 2. If I mute track 1, or just solo track 2, I can still hear it, though there is nothing on the track. Sometimes later tracks added do this as well. My solution has been to keep creating new tracks till I get one that doesn't do this. : (

Beyond this, I have a fully recorded 22-track song, but weird noises are playing over some of the tracks. Individually recorded tom hits on one track have a guitar noise that plays on each separate segment of audio, though they didn't used to do that last time I had the song open. The audio pieces that do this all have a fade in or fade out, so I suspect it has something to do with the fades? When I extend or condense the track (and therefore move the fade) the problem seems to go away, but I don't want to have to do that with every piece of audi with a fade!

Help? Pointers? Anybody with similar experiences?

deej999
Nov 12, 2009, 06:43 AM
1. What version of Logic? Logic 8/9? You gotta learn about the way Logic handles tracks and what a channel strip is:

- A Channel strip can have multiple tracks. What you are doing is creating multiple tracks assigned to the same channel strip. What you want to do is create new tracks which are assigned to a different channel.

2. Have you deleted tracks with content from the Arrange? Did you have a Ultrabeat opened on one of the tracks? Have you tried refreshing fade files?

Do take this advice the right way please, cos' Logic is a deep program. There's a good tutorial for beginner and intermediate users of Logic 8 and 9 and more -
http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101
Highly recommended!

deej

Johns12
Nov 12, 2009, 07:55 AM
When you create an audio track, the output usually defaults to 1/2 or stereo. If you want it to play back only on channel 1, pan the track to the left.

Your fade file is probably corrupted. If you are using Logic 8, you can redo the fade files by going to the Audio Bin/audio file menu. You can also just remove the fade file from your hard drive and then reload the song. Logic will redo the fade files and you should be ok.

deej999
Nov 12, 2009, 09:19 AM
When you create an audio track, the output usually defaults to 1/2 or stereo. If you want it to play back only on channel 1, pan the track to the left.

Your fade file is probably corrupted. If you are using Logic 8, you can redo the fade files by going to the Audio Bin/audio file menu. You can also just remove the fade file from your hard drive and then reload the song. Logic will redo the fade files and you should be ok.

John, thanks for filling in the info on how to redo the fade files. :)

The first point abou panning is not to do with the OPs question. It is not a matter of output of track coming from left or right speaker. It is about more than one track assigned to the same channel strip. You can see this in the Mixer or Environment or try placing different regions on tracks set to the same channel strip. Only one region can play at time.

In Logic 8-9 in the Arrange menu go to Track : (menu) and you can create New... (independent track w/ new channel strip),
New with duplicate setting (independent track / w new channel strip)
New with next channel strip/instrument (indy own channel strip - Audio 1, 2, 3, ...)
New with same channels trip (independent track with same channel strip).

For audio tracks this is not very useful now we have take folders since v8, but with Software Instrument tracks this can be useful for creating drum patterns or a manual take folder.

deej