PDA

View Full Version : Logic 8 Audio Popping/Drop Out Problem

tomf
Nov 11, 2009, 01:42 PM
Hi,

For the last few weeks (since i installed snow leopard i think), i have been getting a lot of audio drop outs, where all of a sudden the sound goes dead and i get a popping sound coming from my speakers.

I am using a pre sonus fire studio project audio interface, with its firmware updated to the latest (the latest update was a beta snow leopard update).
I am running logic pro 8 with snow leopard 10.6.2.

I think i have narrowed the problem down to my presonus fire studio because i totally disconnected it and used logics built in audio soundcard and i didn't get any audio drop out at all.

I was just wondering if anyone had any similar experiences or ideas and suggestions on what is best to do?

thanks in advance for any help.

Tom

deej999
Nov 12, 2009, 06:47 AM
Sounds like a Presonus driver issue. Did you contact Presonus yet? Ask them if this happens with Logic 9 on Snow Leopard. If not, then I would consider upgrading to 9.

deej

tomf
Nov 12, 2009, 10:21 AM
Yes i am about to contact presonus today and see what they say.

elephant
Nov 15, 2009, 01:37 PM
Hi,

For the last few weeks (since i installed snow leopard i think), i have been getting a lot of audio drop outs, where all of a sudden the sound goes dead and i get a popping sound coming from my speakers.

I am using a pre sonus fire studio project audio interface, with its firmware updated to the latest (the latest update was a beta snow leopard update).
I am running logic pro 8 with snow leopard 10.6.2.

I think i have narrowed the problem down to my presonus fire studio because i totally disconnected it and used logics built in audio soundcard and i didn't get any audio drop out at all.

I was just wondering if anyone had any similar experiences or ideas and suggestions on what is best to do?

thanks in advance for any help.

Tom
I have the exact same issue, but with an Apogee Duet.

tomf
Nov 15, 2009, 02:59 PM
i don't know if this helps you but i found that i think it's a midi issue, for me personally.

I totally disconnected my presonus and used apples built in audio soundcard, ran logic for a good hour or so in the project that kept crashing and it was fine, then i re connected the presonus but this time instead of using the midi port on the presonus i used the midi port on my native instruments audio8 interface, and i have been totally fine since, touch wood.

I noticed aswell that when logic crashed before, if i pressed and keys on my midi keyboard that was connected via midi, i would get popping exactly the same time i struck a key on the keyboard.

I've installed the upgrade now to logic 9 so i'll see how things go.

My guess is apple couldn't give 2 hoots about logic 8 anymore, they're putting all there time and effort into ironing out the bugs of logic 9, so egtting a fix from apple is going to be a long long wait, if at all.

Hope any of that helps.

elephant
Nov 15, 2009, 04:17 PM
i don't know if this helps you but i found that i think it's a midi issue, for me personally.

I totally disconnected my presonus and used apples built in audio soundcard, ran logic for a good hour or so in the project that kept crashing and it was fine, then i re connected the presonus but this time instead of using the midi port on the presonus i used the midi port on my native instruments audio8 interface, and i have been totally fine since, touch wood.

I noticed aswell that when logic crashed before, if i pressed and keys on my midi keyboard that was connected via midi, i would get popping exactly the same time i struck a key on the keyboard.

I've installed the upgrade now to logic 9 so i'll see how things go.

My guess is apple couldn't give 2 hoots about logic 8 anymore, they're putting all there time and effort into ironing out the bugs of logic 9, so egtting a fix from apple is going to be a long long wait, if at all.

Hope any of that helps.
Actually, it's Logic 9 I'm running....and the Apogee Duet doesn't have MIDI.

My issue behaves as if the sample rate changes, it makes the same sound. Somehow I think that either the Duet or Logic is having some issue with sample rates.

My problem also goes as far as Logic transporting the issue to the bounced audio. Once every five bounces (or so), the bounced audio is silent, but if I scrub through the track, the loud pops appear "live" on the bounced mp3 (with Logic shut down). So I know it's not Logic, since itäs shut off and I still get pops on the mp3's.

I'm suspecting either the audio interface or the drivers to it. However, I have the öatest drivers to the Duet so there shouldn't be a problem.

tomf
Nov 16, 2009, 05:11 AM
That is strange, i don't know what else to say, apart from keep searching the forums on apples site and logicprohelp's site.

Useually someone has had a similar problem.