Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bravens52

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
Hello every1,

I just wanted to know what's the cheapest you have ever seen a unibody MacBook go for online? I have $750 and I need a laptop immediately because I'm in college. I know apple has the 899 refurb unibody MacBook and the $999 refurb MacBook pro 13. Should I wait it out and get the pro or search around the net until I find a cheap unibody? I think one in my price range will show up eventually. It's just I'm like the average American "impatient".

cfitz7111

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
Depends on where you are. If you are in the states, check eBay or CraigList, but beware of scammers. If something seems too good, IT WILL BE.

Never WesternUnion money, anywhere.

I have not seen any of the unibodies for under $899. The $899 model was the base model, so there is not even a machine below it that may appear as a refurb at some point.

MicroCenter.com is running a special on the new MacBook, $999 with a $200 Visa giftcard rebate, so it would be kind of in your price range.

If $750 is your limit, your best best is local, if you can save a bit longer, I would go with the refurb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.