Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhoneSpain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Hello,

I need to get some photos from a tourist place (i.e., Museo del Prado de Madrid). When I look up this place on google images I get some good pics. But when I search for the same place with google maps and then I click in more info, I get some great pictures (usually from panoramio) which are far more accurate than the other ones. How can I get that images using google maps api or another way?

I´ve seen the api from panoramio.com but you can only retrieve images sorted by popularity for instance in a square defined by latitudes and longitudes and I get a lot of photos that do not have anything to do with what I am really looking for.

Summing up, is there a way to get that images that google shows you as the first photos from google maps when you click in more info?

The very last thing... The user comments that google gives you in the same page (after clicking in more info in google maps) can be retrieved? If not... Does anybody know a way to get user feedback or reviews from different places (museums, restaurants...)? Does any API exist in order to get that?

Thanks in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.