Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
I'm not sure why it was closed/locked:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/804895/

But at any rate, another forum I visit is runs vBulletin 3.8.4 and it works fine with Firefox+Addons, but this one does not. Rather than blame the addons, is there any ideas on fixing this?

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Why a thread got closed would be a moderator question. Also, usually when a question is answered in the Site and Forum feedback section of the forums, it is closed to prevent further discussion of the issue.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
The mods (and a number of us) know exactly what causes the issue and is the reason they don't "fix" it. It is addon related. It's not a matter of blaming the addon, but simply a statement that the effect is in part due to a addon.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Their choice and I guess they won't fix it so they can display their goofy ads. I'll live with it.

The mods (and a number of us) know exactly what causes the issue and is the reason they don't "fix" it. It is addon related. It's not a matter of blaming the addon, but simply a statement that the effect is in part due to a addon.

True, but version 3.8.4 doesn't seem to experience the problem. Hence my question about upgrading/working on it. ;)

Why a thread got closed would be a moderator question. Also, usually when a question is answered in the Site and Forum feedback section of the forums, it is closed to prevent further discussion of the issue.

It was just an off-the-cuff remark. I wasn't necessarily looking for an explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.