PDA

View Full Version : iMac G4

krewelement394
Nov 12, 2009, 12:25 AM
awww i love this iMac Model it is like the best one :]. anywho i really want one! :] do you guys reccomend it? right now all i have is a macbook :] which i love hehehe!:d

btw, this guy two blocks away from me is selling his power mac it is G5 and it has 80 GB but the monitor is a DELL monitor :( grrr....!!! should i get it either way? he is selling it for 80$ kinda like 1$ per GB lol! or should i wait till i find an iMac g4!? :) i am a college student with no job hehe sooo i cannot afford an iMac the new GEN. so for now my macbook will do but i also want a desktop i do have a desktop but it is windows and i hardly like to use it ever since i converted to a mac user hehe.

kainjow
Nov 12, 2009, 01:04 AM
The PM G5 is $80 or the hard drive is? If the former I'd say that's a huge steal. If the latter that's a ripoff :)

What would you use the desktop for?

krewelement394
Nov 12, 2009, 01:13 AM
The PM G5 is $80 or the hard drive is? If the former I'd say that's a huge steal. If the latter that's a ripoff :)

What would you use the desktop for?

what do you mean if it is "former" and sorry i meant to say G4 not 5!:/ i saw pictures, the mother board has a blue apple or is it grey/??? i cant tell but it looks like it is in a good condition it has scratches here and there but i can understand :] what bugs me the most is that it does not come with the origional mac. monitor. the person also removed the zip drive which really does not bug me at all! i no longer use them i stoped using them like 7 years ago :p....grr the monitor bugs me:( the dell monitor isnt even flat screen!!!:( anyways should i get it?

EliteF50
Nov 12, 2009, 07:04 AM
what do you mean if it is "former" and sorry i meant to say G4 not 5!:/ i saw pictures, the mother board has a blue apple or is it grey/??? i cant tell but it looks like it is in a good condition it has scratches here and there but i can understand :] what bugs me the most is that it does not come with the origional mac. monitor. the person also removed the zip drive which really does not bug me at all! i no longer use them i stoped using them like 7 years ago :p....grr the monitor bugs me:( the dell monitor isnt even flat screen!!!:( anyways should i get it?

Wait for an iMac G4. Those are also very cheap.

CubeHacker
Nov 12, 2009, 04:57 PM

If it were a G5 then $80 is an awesome price. If its a G4 then it depends on the model. G4 Powermacs ranged anywhere from 350mhz single processor all the way up to 1.42GHz dual processor. I wouldn't pay for any G4 that didn't have a dual 800mhz processor or better, with dual 1ghz being even better.

krewelement394
Nov 12, 2009, 07:51 PM
If it were a G5 then $80 is an awesome price. If its a G4 then it depends on the model. G4 Powermacs ranged anywhere from 350mhz single processor all the way up to 1.42GHz dual processor. I wouldn't pay for any G4 that didn't have a dual 800mhz processor or better, with dual 1ghz being even better.

OOooo ok:] i really want the imac g4 but grrr cant find one...:(

MacHamster68
Nov 12, 2009, 08:31 PM
i would chose the iMac g4 ,over the powermac g5 all day
they are cool and they are collectors items by now
they are still cheap, but i guess its only a matter of time before they go up in price again

http://www.redsplash.de/blog/uploads/iMacG4.jpg

if you can wait and can afford it then wait
until you come across the last model`s
as they had usb2.0 connections which is handy to have
the later two had even the biggest graphic cards with 64 mb
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/stats/imac_1.0_15_fp.html

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/stats/imac_1.25_17_fp.html

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/stats/imac_1.25_20_fp.html

meagain
Nov 12, 2009, 08:40 PM
I want one also.