PDA

View Full Version : iChat

St. George
Jul 28, 2004, 05:33 PM
Just got osx 10.3 and thought I'd try iChat.

When I try and log in I keep getting asked to enter the password for my .mac account. I've set up the correct password in iChat preferences.

On entering the email it ticks over for a few seconds then repeats the request.

I'm thinking I may need to repair keychains - any suggestions?

.m.

7on
Jul 28, 2004, 08:21 PM
right Password?

Nawlins
Jul 28, 2004, 08:46 PM
I've been having similar problems. I installed Panther on my first generation 12" Powerbook (see signature), and neither Mail nor iChat will open. It's really unusual and I don't know what to do about it.

It's getting annoying, since I use those programs all the time....

St. George
Jul 29, 2004, 04:34 PM
Yep - password is correct.

I've since had keychain issues with Mail and Virex.

I used a small appy under Jaguar to reset/fix keychains but can't remember what it was - is there a similar appy for Panther -

Just about to try first aid - will report back.
.m.

St. George
Jul 29, 2004, 07:53 PM
Tried first aid in keychains access (applications/utilities) but no joy.

Are there any programs to sort this out - or do I need to trash the file that I named my computer in library/keychains.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
.m.

wrldwzrd89
Jul 29, 2004, 07:57 PM
Tried first aid in keychains access (applications/utilities) but no joy.

Are there any programs to sort this out - or do I need to trash the file that I named my computer in library/keychains.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
.m.
Your keychain's probably corrupt - just delete it and Mac OS X will create a new, uncorrupt one that will hopefully work.

johnny mercury
Dec 16, 2004, 08:56 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm having an issue with logging on to iChat. I was using an AOL screen name from the first day I got my Mac without incident. But recently I tried switching over to a second screen name that I had on it as well and screenname it worked as expected, but once I logged off and tried going back to my original screen name it says that the password is incorrect and I have been unexpectedly disconnected. I know my screen name and its password by heart, but it won't activate now. A friend tried their screenname for AOL without incident. I tried calling AOL's Mac tech & Apple's tech support without a resolution or an answer to help me, as each one was handing responsibility to the other without giving me any help on my issue. I've been trying to make this work for a few days and have given up. I tried my .Mac account name and it worked and I tried the first & second screenname. The second one worked for three log ins, but it has gone back to being unoperational as my original screenname displaying the same error message. The only amount of help, if it can be called this, came from the Apple tech who told me the password for logging in was not the password used to log into AOL, but one I had created for iChat. Sadly she stated there was no way to retrieve this password and she did not give me any help in resetting this password. Now I will say if this is true, I have gone through all possible passwords I could have used to no avail. So, if anyone can save me from this iChat hell. I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Thank you for your time reading and looking over this ridiculous matter.