Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
So I was charged with the task of installing PT 8 on a work laptop. Said laptop did not have firewire, so I volunteered my own personal laptop to use for this (mistake). I tried installing, and it told me I needed to upgrade from tiger to leopard. I bought the Snow Leopard DVD and installed it fine, no problems whatsoever.

Popped Pro Tools install DVD in and installed it fine, no problems. After install was complete, I hit "OK to restart to complete process". It turns back on, and makes it to the Blue screen where you have control of your mouse, but nothing else. It does not proceed.

I tried
-Safe Mode (Would not boot safe)
-Reset PRAM (No effect
-Held power button for 15 seconds until it made the loud ding then tried again (Nope)
-Booted from Snow Leopard disk and verified/repaired Hard Drive, said it was ok. (No difference)
-I am now reinstalling Snow Leopard.

Does anyone have any advice? Any new tactics?
-I am aware that Pro Tools 8 does not officially support Snow Leopard, but based off of what I have read, It seemed to be fairly stable. I am at a loss! Help!
Thanks in advance for the surely great ideas

:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.