Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I ran onyx maintenance and y o y did it destroy the docs I had on my desktop in a folder called documents? y? i did not tell the program to do this. y did it do it? now.... i have... to type... everything... over.. y, just someone tell me y.... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

hmmm are you sure it was onyx? because i run onyx monthly and i have tons of documents and various other files on my dekstop and i have never experienced a loss of data

all i can say is im sorry and hope next time you are able to back up
but i have never had a bad experience with onyx of cocktail or any maintenance app

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
CubaTBird said:
I ran onyx maintenance and y o y did it destroy the docs I had on my desktop in a folder called documents? y? i did not tell the program to do this. y did it do it? now.... i have... to type... everything... over.. y, just someone tell me y.... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Onyx did not destroy your files. I might recommend that you repair permissions in Disk Utilities. If you can boot from another disk, run Disk First Aid, as well. If you can't do that, boot into single-user mode and run fsck -f. FWIW, the way you write, it is not surprising that you are confused.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.