Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2006
San Diego
My friends iPod got hosed so I did a factory reset on it. Obviously, the purchased apps. and songs are no longer on the iPod. We logged into her iTunes account and it shows purchased songs and apps. but how do I get them back on her iPod for her?

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2006
San Diego
Actually, no. She set up her iPod on her mom's computer when she first bought it but never re-synced it after that. All of her purchases were made directly from the iPod Touch via WiFi.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
You can ask Apple support, they may allow her to download everything again - but that's why you sync. Everything should be on the computer.

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2006
San Diego
That's what I was afraid of. *I* sync my iPod regularly for that very reason. I think she may have to repurchase everything.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
How can the apps. be downloaded without being recharged?

Make sure you are logged in to the iTunes account you purchased them with, then just download them. You might initially get a message saying you are being charged, but if you click "ok," then you will get a message saying you've already purchased this item, do you want to download it again for free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.