Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

destron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Hello. I've been having some trouble with Boot Camp. I own an iMac and run OS X 10.5.8. I followed the directions for Boot Camp; I created the partition, and was able to access Windows. Unfortunately, I cannot go online in Windows.

Now, I did some research and found out that I'm supposed to put in the OS X 10.5 CD and run setup.exe on Windows. This will install the Mac drivers. However, I upgraded from 10.4 to 10.5 via the online Apple store (at least, that's what I recall; I don't seem to have the CD anywhere, and I didn't download it from an illicit source). The only CDs I have are for the original OSX, which I used on the G5 that I once owned.

Since I have no CD for 10.5, I'm not sure how I can install the drivers. Does anyone here know how to solve the problem? I asked on another forum, but I never got any response.

Thank you.

piku9000

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2009
if you have boot camp 3.0 i can upload the drivers, but you have to tell me what windows version you are using, because the files themselves weight 985 mbs :eek:
in any case, you can also download the iso from an ilicit source (doh) to get the windows drivers :)

destron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
I'm pretty sure I have the most recent version of Boot Camp (I went to the Get Info option, and it never gave a 3.0 designation, but I've downloaded all the latest software), and I'm using it to run Windows XP. I'm not willing to use illicit sources. I have this feeling that I'm just missing some really obvious step, but I'm unable to find much more information on this driver issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.