PDA

View Full Version : App for check is apple lossless files are "real" CDDA

umbilical
Nov 14, 2009, 12:16 PM
hi, any mac app for check if apple lossless files are from a CDDA... (original cd) :eek::confused:

Cromulent
Nov 14, 2009, 04:31 PM
hi, any mac app for check if apple lossless files are from a CDDA... (original cd) :eek::confused:

That is impossible to tell.

The only way to tell would be bad audio quality suggesting that someone had just converted some MP3 or AAC files to Apple Lossless thinking it might increase the audio quality of their tracks.

umbilical
Nov 15, 2009, 06:19 PM
That is impossible to tell.

The only way to tell would be bad audio quality suggesting that someone had just converted some MP3 or AAC files to Apple Lossless thinking it might increase the audio quality of their tracks.

but in pc it existe, see http://true-audio.com/Tau_Analyzer_-_Project_Description

I use well but well just read .wav and is for pc, I think that on mac dont exist a app for do that or yes? :confused:

ChrisA
Nov 18, 2009, 06:30 PM
but in pc it existe, see http://true-audio.com/Tau_Analyzer_-_Project_Description

I use well but well just read .wav and is for pc, I think that on mac dont exist a app for do that or yes? :confused:

Do you think that the tau analyzer software works? Have you tested it?

If you want software to analyse audio files then there is lots of that available. But no software, including the example you gave can give a 100% answer onless yu have the CD in hand.

umbilical
Nov 18, 2009, 11:47 PM
Do you think that the tau analyzer software works? Have you tested it?

If you want software to analyse audio files then there is lots of that available. But no software, including the example you gave can give a 100% answer onless yu have the CD in hand.

well I test the soft... I convert a mp3 to wav and check it, and yes the soft say "this files or disc are not a CDDA" (so is a lossy thing... not original... trash... haha etc...)

when are wavs from the origianl cd and check they say "this files are a CDDA"

trust me the app works well... but not are running on mac... and just check .wav files...

and now my question, which software on mac I can use for see a wav or apple lossless and check it? Adobe Soundbooth CS4 ??? or logic etc... ok I open the file BUT HOW KNOW IF IS A TRUE LOSSLESS FORMAT CDDA ????

thanks

thegoldenmackid
Nov 18, 2009, 11:49 PM
A couple of thoughts:
1. You should know what conversions you do, therefore you should know the quality
2. If you can't tell the difference, what does it matter?