PDA

View Full Version : silver ipod mini- unopened

gwuMACaddict
Jul 29, 2004, 02:53 PM
silver ipod mini- unopened, new in box. $260, you pay shipping. have it now- much cheaper than ebay!

send me an email or post back at this thread

Rezet
Jul 29, 2004, 03:40 PM
silver ipod mini- unopened, new in box. $260, you pay shipping. have it now- much cheaper than ebay!

send me an email or post back at this thread

Why do people still keep selling it over retail $$? it's no longer impossible to find you know...

gwuMACaddict
Jul 29, 2004, 03:44 PM
its still not shipping in some places as far as i know, and they sell for more than what im asking on ebay

so thats why

Rezet
Jul 29, 2004, 03:52 PM
its still not shipping in some places as far as i know, and they sell for more than what im asking on ebay

so thats why

Available at CT apple store now.
And on ebay they will pay 20$ fee...
But Hey! Not crapping on your thread. The flag is in your hands. Good luck.

gwuMACaddict
Jul 29, 2004, 03:56 PM
then leave it at one post, fella. maybe somebody else is interested...

like i said, they're selling for more than that on ebay

iostream.h
Jul 29, 2004, 04:37 PM
Then why not sell it on eBay? I had a gold one (not so desireable) since launch, and just sold it last week for 270 bucks on eBay. I got it at the edu price too so it was pretty good for me. And besides, the fees on eBay will only be like 10 bucks.

the next reviva
Jul 29, 2004, 05:10 PM
its you supply and demand folk that ruined tickle me elmo, furby, AND pokemon :p! good luck sellin, free up^

JMT529
Jul 29, 2004, 06:01 PM
$260 is a pretty good price considering you don't need to pay tax. Mini iPods are still pretty hard to find here in SoCal, and I assume other big cities as well. If someone doesn't want to go thru the trouble of looking for one, this is a great opportunity to get one at a decent price.

musicpyrite
Jul 29, 2004, 06:45 PM
You'd only be making 10 bucks.

There are easier ways to make 10 bucks.
For example, look at my user profile, and check out my "interests"

What ever floats you boat....

evil
Jul 29, 2004, 06:53 PM
$260 is a pretty good price considering you don't need to pay tax. Mini iPods are still pretty hard to find here in SoCal, and I assume other big cities as well. If someone doesn't want to go thru the trouble of looking for one, this is a great opportunity to get one at a decent price.
not really cuz the buyer then has to pay shipping too

gwuMACaddict
Jul 30, 2004, 09:06 AM
i'm glad this turned in to such a disscussion about whether or not i should be selling it and for how much.

lets just forget the whole deal, my brothers birthday is coming up and i can give it to him.

jsw
Jul 30, 2004, 09:15 AM
gwuMACaddict - sorry everyone crapped on your thread. I think it's a very fair price. Were it a pink one, I'd have gotten it today for my wife's birthday. Others looking for a silver one would buy at $260, I'm sure. I appreciate you offering it the the MacRumors community at what I think is a fair price. Although some Apple Stores apparently have the minis, all three even somewhat near me are out and will be out for some time.

jeremy.king
Jul 30, 2004, 09:35 AM
Ah...the notorious thread crappers strike again. :eek:

jsw
Jul 30, 2004, 09:43 AM
Ah...the notorious thread crappers strike again. :eek:

Yeah, stinks up the whole forum. ;)

I think proper "Marketplace and Classifieds" etiquette is that, if you feel someone is misrepresenting something, call them out publicly. If you think someone is overpricing something, send them a PM. If it's priced way too high, no one will buy it, and no one gets hurt. If it's priced a bit high, but the price is still reasonable for someone, I don't see the harm. It's hard to find an exact, proveable, fair price. In this case, for example, Rezet thinks it's too high, whereas I would have bought it immediately were it a different color and thought that I'd gotten a great deal - at worst, even if I could buy it for no tax up in NH, I'd've lost $10. With tax, I come out even, including shipping costs. So I don't think it's right to complain publicly about items being priced "too high" when it's not blatantly too high.