Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keytachi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
So, my birthday is coming up and i'm trying to decide which game to pick up...

I've been looking at some of the most recent releases, hoping to find one that would keep me hooked, but it's too hard to decide! So I hope you all can give me your opinions on the following:

(all PS3)
Modern Warfare 2
Borderlands
Uncharted 2
Assassin's Creed 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Other...

A game with coop/online/versus mode would be a great plus (since i could keep playing after finishing the storyline) or if it is a single player only, not being too lane oriented (like SW: The Force Unleashed, you could walk around, but if you wanted to advance there was a predetermined path to follow) is also great.

Thanks to those of you who reply.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
If you like shooters it's Borderlands or L4D2 which is coming out in a few days. Have you played L4D or GoW? For RPG it is Dragon Age.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
If you like shooters it's Borderlands or L4D2 which is coming out in a few days. Have you played L4D or GoW? For RPG it is Dragon Age.

L4D wasn't ported to the PS3. But out of that list I'd say Borderlands. It's the closest game to L4D!

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
You're going to get a lot of gameplay out of all of those games on your list so I'd recommend buying all of them but for start:

Uncharted 2 & Borderlands.

If you like action RPGs then don't hesitate on Demon's Souls...it will own you and your mama:D ....I'm joking.

Bless

Keytachi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
How old will you be, you may not be old enough to play some of those games listed....

Actually i turned 18, so i can play all of those :D

I just finished beating Uncharted 2 like five minutes ago. OMG I loved it!!! Even better than Uncharted 1!

After much reviewing and watching videos i decided on uncharted 2... It has a great story (from what i've been told) and it includes the shooter elements that keep the game playable for long.

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.