PDA

View Full Version : Intel Webcam

spikymohawks
Jul 29, 2004, 04:47 PM
I have an Intel webcam. of course its for pcs. but im sure there has got to be some driver for it?
I tried "macam" and "IOXperts USB Webcam Driver" they dont work.
Please help

crackrock
Jul 29, 2004, 05:05 PM
A while ago I got this sweet looking USB webcam that was for PCs, and I tried EVERYTHING to get it to work. I even installed Virtual PC, hoping it would get recognized that way.

To make a long story short, I now own an iSight and barely use the damn thing.

-crackrock

7on
Jul 29, 2004, 09:53 PM
Sometimes I wished Apple would discontinue the iSight. Because then MacOS would support most webcams natively. It'd take a while (we still don't have native PDA support) but practically every printer and digital camera will work on a Mac without the company's drivers. And Apple used to make digital cameras and printers too ;P

PlaceofDis
Jul 29, 2004, 10:17 PM
Sometimes I wished Apple would discontinue the iSight. Because then MacOS would support most webcams natively. It'd take a while (we still don't have native PDA support) but practically every printer and digital camera will work on a Mac without the company's drivers. And Apple used to make digital cameras and printers too ;P

yeah but before the iSight most webcams didnt work, and thats why apple came out with their own

anyways, you are probably out of luck, perhaps try some logitech drives but i doubt that will work either, good luck though