PDA

View Full Version : Censoring

ValiumLolliPoP
Jul 29, 2004, 05:18 PM
Am i the only one that beleives they were censored on this site?

I know for a fact that i commented on the original news of Real and their Harmony program and now i can't find it. I also can't see anyway to track down the comments we've left.

I really hope i wasn't censored.

King Cobra
Jul 29, 2004, 05:27 PM
Either the above post was meant to be a reply and not a new thread, or the topic should have been addressed privately to a mod.

Sun Baked
Jul 29, 2004, 05:33 PM
Not a good topic, usually leads to getting banned.

Otherwise, learn how to use the site... I saw several post on those topics under your name. :rolleyes:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=958357#post958357

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=952505#post952505

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=951733#post951733

Guess direct link would help. :p

virividox
Jul 29, 2004, 09:12 PM
your thread could have been wastelanded or someone reported it as offensive and the moderators took action

most mods here are very understanding and only delete posts or ban people if they deserve it; but if you feel there has been a mistake, PM them but dont air your grievances out in public before trying to resolve it privately, it just tends to piss people off

Mudbug
Jul 29, 2004, 11:53 PM
Am i the only one that beleives they were censored on this site?

I know for a fact that i commented on the original news of Real and their Harmony program and now i can't find it. I also can't see anyway to track down the comments we've left.

I really hope i wasn't censored.

only two things I can think of will get you censored on our site: a personal attack or insult on another member (which will also get you banned REALLY fast) or a workaround of our language filter (which will probably also work against you, btw). I think it's possible you just lost the post in question. If so - click your username to the left of your posts and choose 'Find More Posts By XXXXX'. In the thread you're asking about (I believe) you had post #39, and it's still there. And according to the logs, you had no others.

If you have a question past this, or a complaint, please use the Private Message service of the boards to ask a moderator. We're all pretty nice people. :)

Wardofsky
Jul 30, 2004, 01:32 AM
If you have a question past this, or a complaint, please use the Private Message service of the boards to ask a moderator. We're all pretty nice people. :)

Yeah they're all nice, just watch out for this Mud guy... :D

ValiumLolliPoP
Aug 5, 2004, 12:36 AM
haha thank you. Me and my conspiracy theory mind. heh. :-/ Sorry about that. I suppose my knowledge of this site is lower than i thought.

pseudobrit
Aug 5, 2004, 06:04 PM
Word to the wise: don't ever use the "c" word in regards to a deleted/missing/edited/moved thread or post.

It tends to make moderators feel as if they're put on par with fascists, and you probably don't want to piss off the mods. Ask why your post was "deleted," "moderated" or "altered," but don't use "censored."

King Cobra
Aug 5, 2004, 09:59 PM
Well I don't think we have any female mods at MacRumors, so I don't see how the current mods would take offense to the C-word. Hell, some of the younger mods might enjoy seeing it in use.

musicpyrite
Aug 5, 2004, 11:28 PM
Well I don't think we have any female mods at MacRumors, so I don't see how the current mods would take offense to the C-word. Hell, some of the younger mods might enjoy seeing it in use.

C-word? What is this C-word pseudobrit and KC speak of?

Crayon?

Cancer?

Coconut?

I'm probbably missing someting so obvious....

.....or something gender-slanted. If it's the latter case, don't even wast your time replying to this post. :rolleyes:

pseudobrit
Aug 5, 2004, 11:54 PM
C-word? What is this C-word...
I'm probbably missing someting so obvious....

Like the title of the thread?

musicpyrite
Aug 6, 2004, 10:44 AM
Like the title of the thread?

Hmmm, maybe....

but this confuses me:
Word to the wise: don't ever use the "c" word in regards to a deleted/missing/edited/moved thread or post.

and then you and King Cobra go on to talk about felmale mods or something of that nature.

King Cobra
Aug 6, 2004, 10:53 AM
Perhaps I should have put a smiley in my above post to avoid that confusion... but I didn't, because I thought you guys would get it.

neut
Aug 6, 2004, 11:27 AM
i think all of you should be banned for even posting in this thread... dammnit now you got me doing it too. ;)

ValiumLolliPoP- no worries; that used to happen to me all the time. conspiracy oir not i swear a few of my posts were erased, but im sure they are floating around somewhere. :)

anyways, if something is that ****ing important... it'll get noticed. :D

peace.