PDA

View Full Version : Orange County, CA? I need your help!

AssassinOfGates
Jul 29, 2004, 07:42 PM
Yesterday my bike got jacked in the Fullerton Shopping Center at 8:30p. Police gave up after 10 minutes. If anyone here is from the Anaheim or Fullerton area and can help me get it back there is a $100 reward. Also accepting donations to help pay for a new one or reward if need be. -_-

Thanks for your help.

http://69.169.120.178:8080/hbt/images/stolenbikeflyer.jpg

KingSleaze
Jul 29, 2004, 11:02 PM
Nice looking bike. Did you have it locked in that condition when it got jacked? Put posters up in that shopping center. If it was locked like that, whoever took it, had to work at it for a while. Somebody is bound to have seen something. Good luck on getting it back.

Doctor Q
Jul 30, 2004, 01:48 AM
That's rotten. I had a bike stolen while it was locked to a gate. And another stolen right out of my garage when the garage door was open one afternoon.

Maybe we need LoJack, Bike Edition.

evil
Jul 30, 2004, 09:36 AM
how much did you pay for that bike?
thought about going and buying a cheap one from target or something?

sucks man, my girlfriend and i both had our bikes stolen too. she cried.
good luck

FriarCrazy
Jul 30, 2004, 09:50 AM
That sucks man, I hope that you have good luck in getting it back!

craigdawg
Jul 30, 2004, 10:11 AM
My bike got jacked in front of my office. Dirty crooks! :mad:

There is hope...

If you have homeowner's or renter's insurance, you might be covered for personal property. (I don't know the exact term). My insurance paid out about $250 after my deductible.

The police ended up finding it during a parole-related search of the thief's home, which I think sent him back to the pokey. :) He had stripped it of parts though. :(

Good luck, I hope you get it back.

AssassinOfGates
Jul 30, 2004, 03:09 PM
Nah i just went in for a quick second to get a bag since the one they gave me broke. Parked it right in front of the door, which in turn is right in front of customer service. It happened in less than a minute. No renter's insurance I'm afraid.

I paid $269 + tax + pump + u-lock + chain + waterbotle and cage, whatever that amounts to. It was and still is their cheapest hybrid. I would get a cheaper bike but I need something that can handle all these potholes and crazy drivers that like to cut me off, yet still be light enough to carry up some stairs. We turned some heads yesterday when posting the flyers. Also turned a cop's head when he saw 3 of us in a 2-seater pickup with a dead right taillight. Damn.