PDA

View Full Version : charging the ipod in an iskin case

question fear
Jul 29, 2004, 08:53 PM
I read in the user manual not to charge the ipod in a case-does that apply to the iskin evo case too? I don't want to remove the 'pod from there any more than is necessary because of all the stretching and wiggling required...
thanks,
carly

SolidGun
Jul 29, 2004, 10:49 PM
No it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I am guessing you are worried about heat building up inside the case. Evo has enough ventilation to dissipate enough heat for synchronizing or charging. Unless you have your iPod connected to your computer all the time and let the HDD spin to death, I wouldn't worry too much about it. As for other cases, I can't say....Evo has perforations in the back, but I have seen many other cases that has nothing of the sort.
Also, stretching the Evo doesn't really affect it too much. The shape will come back as long as the case isn't heated while it is stretched.

zyuzin4
Jul 30, 2004, 01:07 AM
I do everthing with my 2G iPod in its skin. It has only been out of the skin a couple times when I cleaned the skin and when i wanted to see what the ipod looked like compared to a 4G

question fear
Jul 30, 2004, 03:59 PM
thanks for the responses. sounds like it will work out well.
yea, i noticed the air holes but didnt want to assume...
thanks guys.
-c

mkrishnan
Jul 30, 2004, 04:04 PM
thanks for the responses. sounds like it will work out well.
yea, i noticed the air holes but didnt want to assume...
thanks guys.
-c

FWIW, I have an exo-3 which has *no* air holes, although is thinner, and I only take it off to wash it. I always charge that way, and no issues. Does not get super hot either, during charging or use.