Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crunchiespg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
my sisters both have 2nd gen ipod nano's.
both of which for some reason wont show in itunes. they have tried on their macbook and on my macbook pro.
they are always shown in finder. but not in itunes. my ipod touch and other ipods all work fine. just not these two nanos....
im running snow leopard with the latest itunes.
any suggestions?

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
try plugging in the ipod before opening itunes, this seems to be an issue with iTunes 9 for some people

crunchiespg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 26, 2008
Strange; my 2nd gen nano works perfectly fine with the latest iTunes on my Mac. Then again, I'm still in Leopard. You may want to run through the "five Rs" again, just to make sure.

my sisters macbook is still on leopard.

cant do all of the 5 R's as the restore requires it to be connected to itunes which is exactly what we cant do.

everything else is a moot point because we are talking about 2 different ipods on 2 different macs and on a windows pc..

visharma

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2009
I have the same issue. I live in India and I've had the same 1st gen nano since early 2006.

I went into the store near my house and the guys there told me that the nano doesn't work with the latest iTunes update. I don't know if that's true or not, but I've tried everything.

Can't seem to find a solution online. The only suggestion everyone gives me is to try resetting my ipod, but then I lose a lot of the music I havent transferred to my computer yet. So I've been using a third party software to back up the files on my ipod but it's just so time-consuming.

Please let me know if you find a solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.