Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Orlando, FL
I have the Ipod that was out in December(not sure which rev.) I have installed it on my PC and put songs on it before and one day after not using it for a while it wouldnt work. I plugged my usb in and my PC makes a little belll noise and a mass storage device icon comes up in the tray, but itunes doesnt open and when I open itunes manually my ipod doesnt show up. When I open my computer and look at the drives it just says mass storage device. I have tried updating it and it says it cant be read(same thing happens when I try to configure it or reformat it). I tried reintalling the ipod and when it comes to the configuration part of the instillation, it says ipod not plugged in, and it gives me the option of cancelling or skipping. SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME OUT! :confused: I NEED MY MUSIC! lol... Thanks! :)

chewbaccapits

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2001
Torrance, Californizzel
Rob...describe what iPod you have or post a picture, that might bring more people to help you...Now, Should I assume you do not have FIREWIRE on your PC? Instead you're using USB 2.0, I hope... Again, for me I would need to know what iPod you have...

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Orlando, FL
I have the one that came out b4 the one that just came out like this week. Its 40GB and yes Im using usb.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Why does it matter if it's USB 2 or plain ol' USB? His computer doesn't recognize his iPod as being an iPod, and iTunes won't transfer files to it.

I'm sorry that everyone who has posted in this thread, other than yourself, is a complete tool.

I can't help you because I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but if I were you, I would go to the Apple Discussion forum at http://www.apple.com and post your iPod problem there. They have a knack for solving such problems. :)

Kingsnapped

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
What have you tried?

Have you tried restarting the iPod (hold menue, pause for a few seconds) before connecting it? Have you run adaware lately?

That's about all I can give you, as I never used iPod on a PC.

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
please help. I don't know and can't figure out how to post a question on this site!!??!!

I know this is not the place for this, but seeing as I don't know how, I picked this thread..

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.