PDA

View Full Version : airport express problems

adam1185
Jul 30, 2004, 12:03 AM
I'm having problems with my airport express. It just randomly dies every day and I have to go reset it with the paper clip. I have it set up in client mode to join my current linksys wireless network just for the purpose of using air tunes and it just stops playing the music about once a day and disappears from my iTunes speaker list and from the whole network... ARRRRRGH

superbovine
Jul 30, 2004, 01:48 AM
I'm having problems with my airport express. It just randomly dies every day and I have to go reset it with the paper clip. I have it set up in client mode to join my current linksys wireless network just for the purpose of using air tunes and it just stops playing the music about once a day and disappears from my iTunes speaker list and from the whole network... ARRRRRGH

what happens if you just unplug it and plug it back in? have you check for outside interference like another WAP, neighbors 2.4 ghz phone, etc. try changing channels.

http://www.macstumbler.com/

this app will show all the visible WAP and their channels.

adam1185
Jul 30, 2004, 02:28 AM
nah

I'm the only wireless person around my house. My linksys router and wireless internet keeps working fine for my powerbook after the airport express disappears so I don't think it's that. Unplugging it and pluggin' it back in does nothing at all. I usually have to reset it to factory defaults then set it up again