Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobcat37

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Colorado
Hey guys what's up. I just recently joined here and wanted to share a bad iPod experience with you all so you can avoid having the same problems!

Do you guys know what those lightning lamps are? Well if you do, and if you have one or know someone who does, be careful! Personally I have one in my bedroom that I turn on every once in a while. Well one day I found out, never bring your iPod near one that is turned on. They will make your iPod totally flip out! It's hard to explain this "flipping out" action, but it's basically like someone was scrolling the wheel and touching all the buttons at a million miles per hour. The volume would go up and then down, then it would skip ahead 100 songs, then the light would come on, then it would pause, unpause, etc etc etc. It was like the iPod was possessed.

So of course, I ran away from the lamp, wondering if my iPod would come back to me, and after about 5 minutes of non-stop flipping out, it seemed to return to normal. However, right after that it started having other problems such as random songs freezing up and dying and some other strange occurances. Luckily still having my warranty, I sent it into Apple and got it replaced.

In short, stay at least 10 feet away from a running lightning lamp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.