PDA

View Full Version : TV as 2nd Monitor

jdechko
Jul 30, 2004, 08:19 AM
Does anyone know if its possible to use the S-Video (and/or Composite Vid) output on a PowerBook to connect to a tv to use as a second monitor?

-or another way-

Is it possible to span to a tv using S-Video out?

Thanks

abhishekit
Jul 30, 2004, 09:49 AM
Yah, you just need to buy a mini-dvi to video adaptor.

cheers

jdechko
Jul 30, 2004, 10:11 AM
So does this also include the ability to extend the PB's desktop to a tv (ie: a dual monitor setup)?

ChrisFromCanada
Jul 30, 2004, 10:25 AM
Yah, you just need to buy a mini-dvi to video adaptor.

cheers

I think he was talking about the S-Video out port not using the DVI with adapter.

djdarlek
Jul 30, 2004, 10:58 AM
Does anyone know if its possible to use the S-Video (and/or Composite Vid) output on a PowerBook to connect to a tv to use as a second monitor?

-or another way-

Thanks

Yep, i do this all the time to watch DIVx on my TV... you can either CLONE the display (where both screens are indentical) or have a Dual display.. but bear in mind that the TV will have a much smaller resolution and everything will look HUGE. :)

djdarlek
Jul 30, 2004, 10:59 AM

-or another way-

Thanks

Yep, i do this all the time to watch DIVx on my TV... you can either CLONE the display (where both screens are indentical) or have a Dual display.. but bear in mind that the TV will have a much smaller resolution and everything will look HUGE. :)

You can buy a scart adapter which has a S-video input and sound input.