Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mont

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
Hi,
I did a forum search on this and it didn't turn up anything, but I'd imagine it's probably already covered somewhere.

I have a 15GB G3 iPod, with software version 2.0.1, which I sync and charge with my iBook G4, OS 10.3.4. I have downloaded almost every iPod update, but they can never install to my iPod. The iPod will plugged in and mounted via firewire, then I will run the iPod update software, my iPod will unmount itself for no reason and the software will tell me that "a single iPod was detected but it needs to be mounted in order for this operation to work".

I'm guessing this has something to do with repairing permissions or something, but I have no idea what the correct procedure for this is.

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

zyuzin4

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Eugene, OR
Mont said:
Hi,
I did a forum search on this and it didn't turn up anything, but I'd imagine it's probably already covered somewhere.

I have a 15GB G3 iPod, with software version 2.0.1, which I sync and charge with my iBook G4, OS 10.3.4. I have downloaded almost every iPod update, but they can never install to my iPod. The iPod will plugged in and mounted via firewire, then I will run the iPod update software, my iPod will unmount itself for no reason and the software will tell me that "a single iPod was detected but it needs to be mounted in order for this operation to work".

I'm guessing this has something to do with repairing permissions or something, but I have no idea what the correct procedure for this is.

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

I had a problem like this and had to do a complete Factory Restore to get it updated

Mont

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
Brill thanks a million, factory restore worked a treat

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.