Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Al B

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Here's the deal: I've been creating HDR's in CS4, but no matter how I save the file, it will not open in Lightroom or any program other than CS4. Am I doing something wrong?

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
Here's the deal: I've been creating HDR's in CS4, but no matter how I save the file, it will not open in Lightroom or any program other than CS4. Am I doing something wrong?

Yes. If you are saving as jpeg or tiff, there should be no reason that any other program can't open it. If you are leaving it as a psd, other programs may have issues, but I would be really surprised if lightroom can't at least give you a preview.

zachsilvey

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Battle Ground
Also keep in mind when you generate an HDR image you might be using a higher bit depth than your application can handle. Try saving the image in 8 or 16 bit and using Adobe RGB 1998 or sRGB colorspace.

georgemann

macrumors regular

I know this is slightly off-topic but Lightroom and Photomatix-Pro work really well together. There is a Photomatix-Pro plug-in for Lightroom.

1. Import bracketed image sets into Lightroom.

2. Export selected set of images to Photomatix Pro

3. Process and tone-map HDR image in Photomatix Pro

4. Save and automatically re-import HDR image into Lightroom.

George

Nikon Digital Photographer - http://nikondp.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.