PDA

View Full Version : audiobook on ipod

andiwm2003
Jul 30, 2004, 10:39 AM
hi,

i use my 4g ipod for audiobooks. my problem is now: i have a 2 hr audiobook but i only listen to about 20-30 min, then i do something else (work, surf the net, listen to music on my ipod). after returning to my audiobook i have to manually fast forward to the point where i stopped reading. is there a better/faster way to do it? fast forwarding 90min takes a while.

i also listen to two or three books in parallel. how to remember where i stopped listening?

andi

jsw
Jul 30, 2004, 11:09 AM
According to here (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61695), the 'pod should bookmark your file.

Zaty
Jul 30, 2004, 11:20 AM
According to here (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61695), the 'pod should bookmark your file.

My mini does.

Machead III
Jul 30, 2004, 12:00 PM
Yeah my mini flicks straight to where I left off listening.

JDOG_
Jul 30, 2004, 12:54 PM
Yeah, mine also just bookmarks the spot where it was. Alternately, anything from Apple or Audible (same thing really...) has little timestamps which you can access by clicking the select button once...you'll see it come up with little brackets that mark different chapters or sections.

That is of course if you didn't download it off Kazaa ;)

andiwm2003
Jul 30, 2004, 02:18 PM
Yeah, mine also just bookmarks the spot where it was. Alternately, anything from Apple or Audible (same thing really...) has little timestamps which you can access by clicking the select button once...you'll see it come up with little brackets that mark different chapters or sections.

That is of course if you didn't download it off Kazaa ;)

no, bought my books from itunes although i'm going to sign up with audible.com in the future.

i guess i clicked something wrong with the click wheel or so...

are the bookmarks also synced?

thanks for the input.

andi

Elan0204
Jul 30, 2004, 02:33 PM
are the bookmarks also synced?

Yes they are.

seamuskrat
Jul 30, 2004, 04:29 PM
I drive 3 hours each way for work, so i listen to a lot of books on my iPod.

Problem is that the bookmark feature works on Audible titles. Sometimes it works on ITMS titles unless you change to another title, then you start all over.

it does NOT work on home made AAC or MP3 audiobooks, which are legitimate formats that can be legally sold.

Also, if you listen to other songs then sync, it will often loose your bookmark, as stated in Apple discussions.

in my experience, the sync between computer use and iPod use did not transfer ever.

Its too bad there is not a menu command for manual bookmarking.