PDA

View Full Version : apple bt mouse help,

BakedBeans
Jul 30, 2004, 01:38 PM
my mouse is eating batteries at the moment.....
3days im guessing this is not right, however,sometimes ijust close my powerbook and forget to shut the little sliding thing on the mouse, is it faulty or is it me forgetting to close it????

the batteries that came with it lasted for about 2 months without me closing the slidy thing.....

help is much needed thanks

mkrishnan
Jul 30, 2004, 01:51 PM
my mouse is eating batteries at the moment.....
3days im guessing this is not right, however,sometimes ijust close my powerbook and forget to shut the little sliding thing on the mouse, is it faulty or is it me forgetting to close it????

the batteries that came with it lasted for about 2 months without me closing the slidy thing.....

help is much needed thanks

The mouse should go into power-down mode even without closing the door after extended inactivity. This is why sometimes you have to click it to get it going again. I think. Anyway, seems like mine does. 3 days does not sound right at all.

However, what about the batteries you're putting in? Did they all come from the same pack or bought at the same time? Are you sure they're good batteries? Also FWIW the batteries that come with it (at least mine came with these -- Energizer Lithium disposables) have rather a lot more energy than normal alkalines. I put a pair into my GBA and it seems to last forever....

BakedBeans
Jul 30, 2004, 02:00 PM
The mouse should go into power-down mode even without closing the door after extended inactivity. This is why sometimes you have to click it to get it going again. I think. Anyway, seems like mine does. 3 days does not sound right at all.

However, what about the batteries you're putting in? Did they all come from the same pack or bought at the same time? Are you sure they're good batteries? Also FWIW the batteries that come with it (at least mine came with these -- Energizer Lithium disposables) have rather a lot more energy than normal alkalines. I put a pair into my GBA and it seems to last forever....

yeah im useing my energizer that i brought to replace the other ones...
ive just had my auto/air charger in flames, so there sending me back one...now this.... all the fun of the fair i suppose