PDA

View Full Version : Problem with iBook Hard Drive

Solafaa
Jul 30, 2004, 02:12 PM
I have an 14" iBook and with 60 GB hard disk space. I dont have much stuff on it but something like 3 GB of itunes, 300 mb of viedo and about 1 GB of other stuff yet my hard disk had something like 19.5 GB used space. Is it normal or is there somthign wrong?

dcollierp
Jul 30, 2004, 02:26 PM
Try a program called "WhatSize". It will tell you where all your disk space has gone (What programs, files, etc.) and what size each one is.

seamuskrat
Jul 30, 2004, 04:33 PM
A few things. Your 60 gig is more like a 54 gig. Then substract 4 or 5 for OS X, lets say 5 gig for your stuff and that leaves you with 40.

Problem is that sometimes files get cached and need to be cleaned out. If you burn with Toast or some other apps they leave behind temp files.

Get a free utility or shareware like PantherCacheCleaner, Cocktail, Xupport and do the daily, weekly, monthly cron jobs and reboot your machine.

You should find all your space comes back to you.

I have an 14" iBook and with 60 GB hard disk space. I dont have much stuff on it but something like 3 GB of itunes, 300 mb of viedo and about 1 GB of other stuff yet my hard disk had something like 19.5 GB used space. Is it normal or is there somthign wrong?