Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
I suppose that this idea is a case-by-case basis and this might be thrown off by the way that the Front Page/Page 2 posts work in terms of time, but is it possible to merge a Front Page/Page 2 story and its posts with an existing thread. This seems to be happening more and more as users posts what become news stories and then they get added to the front page, example: Here and Here.

Comments get repeated and the standard two thread discussions exists.

Edit: Didn't see appleguy123's post in his original thread.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Haven't you brought this up before? I would just report the thread, and suggest it be merged, and let the moderators make the ultimate decision. :)

I suggested it for the MacBytes articles, but that seems like it would be slightly different. This would seem a tad different, as I wonder if it would be possible with the original posts to the frontpage.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I always report the front page articles when I notice there is already a discussion. Whenever I have followed up in the past and checked to see if the threads were merged they had been.

In fact, I once wondered the same thing, and created a thread about it, too. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.