PDA

View Full Version : Vestax Spin

donga
Nov 17, 2009, 12:07 AM
what do you guys think of this controller (http://store.apple.com/us/product/TX742VC/A)?

i'm really tempted to go in and get it

donga
Nov 18, 2009, 03:50 PM
no opinions at all? not even the "this cheapens dj'ing vs. this lowers the barrier to entry" etc... ?

paolo-
Nov 18, 2009, 10:46 PM
Haven't seen it or used it. Seems fairly decent for what it is, and the price it is. The software that comes with it I'm not too sure about but apparently it's full MIDI compatible so you could use it with traktor or what ever software later on.

Probably lots of fun just to do some basic djing, don't need to bring lots with you. Intended for those who basically want to play tracks and have a good time, no intense turntabalism or live remixing. Mind you it does look a bit tacky and cramped :p .

This thing is getting lots of publicity because it's sold at the apple store, there are other similar products that might be worth a look.

The JTizzle
Dec 12, 2009, 08:05 PM
My wife got me one for xmas, but I can't crack into it yet. I did a pretty solid amount of research on it and it has been getting great reviews for the price point.

I got the DJay software software demo ahead of time and started to analyze my iTunes library of over 8k songs and has taken the majority of the day, as well as familiarize myself with the app. It also works with Traktor if you know the software.

Also if you want one i'd buy soon, the word on the street is they are selling very very fast, so fast apple store employees didn't even know they had them in stock yet. So buy asap if you want it anytime soon.

Liquorpuki
Dec 14, 2009, 10:36 AM
I have a few friends who are turntablists / bar DJ's and they use the Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch to mix their sets.

From what I heard, the Spin is a Mac Only entry level version of the VCI-300. Those who would go pro level would probably upgrade to the VCI series. But if you're starting out, I heard the Spin is a great deal.