Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
The Outfit Shade case for the iPhone 3G/S is a hardshell with a slider style design, the first thing you notice is the very eye catching finish that is a mix of two colors that form a gradient from top to bottom. The Outfit Shade has a very nice metallic color finish that is glossy and bright, the inside of the case has a soft touch coating that protects your iPhone when sliding into the case and that is a very nice feature that Griffin added to this case.

The overall finish and quality of the Outfit Shade is very high, all the corners are rounded and not sharp with to the touch, though the camera cutout is not perfectly cut however is does not affect the cameras performance at all. Another thing i like about this case is that the top middle part is not covers and that gives you an easy access to your SIM card without having to remove the entire case off your phone.
There is a lip on the front of the screen surface that lets you lay your iPhone on it’s screen without causing damage should you want to, and your chrome will stay protected. The case feels very good in the hand and adds some bulk but not much, i find it slightly bulkier then an Incase Slider.

Overall the Outfit Shade gives a lot of drop and scratch protection with a very nice color variation. Outfit Shade is available in 4 metallic colors and all you get is the case by itself. Price $29.99.

Unboxing vid.

Pics:
dsc0476.jpg

dsc0486.jpg

dsc0488y.jpg

dsc0492e.jpg

dsc0496s.jpg

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
thanks for the review and the unboxing vid.

Could you potentially see the chrome bezel getting scratches from this model or is this just inevitable ?

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
thanks for the review and the unboxing vid.

Could you potentially see the chrome bezel getting scratches from this model or is this just inevitable ?

No i see no way why the chrome would get scratched, it even has a channel for the volume/silent buttons. You you like the Incase Slider then you will love this case too, the big difference is the Shade has rubber coating in the inside and the Incase Slider only has two rubber rails.

zdblue11

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2009
thses look really nice and i like the gradient at the bottom as well. will have to look into these cases :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.