PDA

View Full Version : Other Mac sites?

EGT
Jul 30, 2004, 10:21 PM
Hey there

I was wondering what other sites you guys and girls vist to check up with current mac events etc? I've only ever checked here because of the brilliant forums. In fact, I don't think i've left the place since i got here!!! :eek:

I call in to the ipodlounge every now and again, too.

themadchemist
Jul 30, 2004, 10:31 PM
This is pretty much the only I check out, except for the links from here to other mac sites for specific stories. If you're looking for other sites, though, you'll find quite a few in the leads for MacBytes and a lot of up-and-coming stuff (which may be wildly successful or fall flat) in Mac Scene.

blackfox
Jul 30, 2004, 10:35 PM
I spend most of my time here, but other good/interesting sites relating to Apple are:

osxhints
As the Apple Turns...

ok, can't think of any more I go to...anyone?

seamuskrat
Jul 30, 2004, 10:41 PM
www.macbytes.com - news
www.appleturns.com - funny and current
www.macminute.com - regurgitated press releases, but some useful news
www.maccentral.com - cousin of MacWorld magazine and the pathetic remnant of MacWeek magazine
www.thinksecret.com - rumors like here, but updated less often
www.appleinsider.com again, more rumors
www.macupdate.com software updates
www.macfixit.com troubleshooting forums, usually very helpful
www.insidemacgames.com - mac game web site

That ought to keep you busy for a while.

Hey there

I was wondering what other sites you guys and girls vist to check up with current mac events etc? I've only ever checked here because of the brilliant forums. In fact, I don't think i've left the place since i got here!!! :eek:

I call in to the ipodlounge every now and again, too.

Duff-Man
Jul 30, 2004, 11:27 PM
Duff-Man says....I make MacSurfer (http://www.macsurfer.com/) my home page as it has easy links to all the major mac news sites and frequent updates to all the major stories of the day...oh yeah!

vniow
Jul 30, 2004, 11:33 PM
There are other Mac sites?!?!?!

Abstract
Jul 31, 2004, 02:46 AM
Apparently, there are!

*hides in the little nook he has set up for himself here at MR*

I never enjoyed sunlight, anyway.

Macaddict.com was the first Mac board I signed onto, and is where I first went to find more info when I first wanted to switch. Ugly website, and the board wasn't very good. MR is the second place I went to. I joined a year before I actually got my Mac. Instead of leaving once I got my PB, I decided to stick around........ forever :o

EGT
Jul 31, 2004, 07:02 AM
Once you get here you can't get out! ahhhhhhhh!!

Thanks very much guys. Some good sites there, but i think MacRumors is one of the best. :)

quagmire
Jul 31, 2004, 10:13 AM
I hang out at:

applenova.com(thinksecrets new message board)

of course here

appleinsider.com