PDA

View Full Version : Class Action Suit Against PayPal? Or a Fraud?

Squire
Jul 30, 2004, 10:25 PM
Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone else got an email supposedly from PayPal about a class action settlement. It has the "PayPal" logo on the top and is full of all kinds of legalese. I sent an email to the folks at PayPal asking if it was legit. Strangely enough, I couldn't paste the email in the form box because it contained characters not supported by the form.

I guess I'll know soon enough.

Squire

P.S. It's quite long so I've just included the top part. There's no mention of it (as far as I could tell) on PayPal's site.
------------------------

Dear ********,

IF YOU OPENED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT BETWEEN OCTOBER 1999 AND JANUARY 2004, YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO A PAYMENT FROM A CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT.

PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY.

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
SAN JOSE DIVISION

In re PayPal litigation
Case No. CV-02-01227-JF (PVT)

NOTICE OF PENDENCY OF CLASS ACTION AND PROPOSED SETTLEMENT

vniow
Jul 30, 2004, 10:27 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=81728

seamuskrat
Jul 30, 2004, 10:32 PM
Legit. Its on the news and at the palpal secure site.

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone else got an email supposedly from PayPal about a class action settlement. It has the "PayPal" logo on the top and is full of all kinds of legalese. I sent an email to the folks at PayPal asking if it was legit. Strangely enough, I couldn't paste the email in the form box because it contained characters not supported by the form.

I guess I'll know soon enough.

Squire

P.S. It's quite long so I've just included the top part. There's no mention of it (as far as I could tell) on PayPal's site.
------------------------

Dear ********,

IF YOU OPENED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT BETWEEN OCTOBER 1999 AND JANUARY 2004, YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO A PAYMENT FROM A CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT.

PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY.

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
SAN JOSE DIVISION

In re PayPal litigation
Case No. CV-02-01227-JF (PVT)

NOTICE OF PENDENCY OF CLASS ACTION AND PROPOSED SETTLEMENT

Squire
Jul 30, 2004, 10:50 PM
Oops.

Sorry Mods. Eh, everyone slips up every now and then. ;)

Squire