PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Refurb Items

JzzTrump22
Jul 30, 2004, 11:17 PM
How long does it usually take apple to ship refurbished items. In my case it's a refurb iPod. It says i have a shipping date on or before August 3rd. Which is this comming tues. What are my chances of getting this thing before thursday?

JzzTrump22
Jul 31, 2004, 11:53 AM
Anyone have any idea?

numark
Jul 31, 2004, 12:00 PM
While I haven't ordered any refurb products from Apple lately, I will predict that they would probably be quicker shipping something like that out, because it's not like they have to fully manufacture it over again, and I imagine they get enough returned to keep a steady supply. As for shipping, it'd probably depend on where you live. If you live towards the west coast, you might get it on Thursday. However, I wouldn't count on it if you're say, in the midwest or farther east. Both UPS and Fedex like to take their time shipping out here in the east.

JzzTrump22
Jul 31, 2004, 12:19 PM
I'm in NY. I was expecting it to ship out before the 3rd because it is just sitting in a warehouse. I mean they don't have to make the thing. My order status still says open so i guess i'll have to wait and see. With my luck, the thing will make it here next week.

w00tmaster
Jul 31, 2004, 01:46 PM
They usually wait for a truck to become full before shipping out to Fedex(Fedex picks up the truck), so maybe they just haven't sent out any shipments yet. I ordered my refurb Rev. A dual 1.8Ghz g5 on a Saturday and it shipped the same day. Took over a week to get to PA from CA after it shipped, but still.

JzzTrump22
Jul 31, 2004, 03:06 PM
The status on my account says open still. I really hope it ships soon.

JzzTrump22
Jul 31, 2004, 06:37 PM
yes, my ipod has shipped. No tracking number yet though. mabey it will make it here before thursday.