PDA

View Full Version : MP3 DVD

rickvanr
Jul 31, 2004, 03:11 PM
Is it possible to throw a bunch of MP3s onto a DVD and make an MP3 DVD, the same as you'd make a MP3 CD?

Just curious, Thanks.

Horrortaxi
Jul 31, 2004, 06:10 PM
Yes.

rickvanr
Jul 31, 2004, 09:30 PM
Yes.

Thank you! :D

Second question: In Toast, how do I burn it? As a Data Mac & PC, or DVD-ROM (UDF), or something entirely different?

Thanks

crazzyeddie
Jul 31, 2004, 10:03 PM
Well, wait... what do you want to do with this MP3 DVD? If you want to play it in a DVD player or MP3 CD player, it won't work most likely. Most DVD players do not recognize MP3s on a DVD the same way as an MP3 CD.

If you want to burn a bunch of tunes, just use iTunes. Go into the Burning prefs and set it to Data DVD. Then pop in a DVD and hit Burn :)

In Toast, if you want to burn MP3s onto a DVD, use Data (Mac & PC).

rickvanr
Jul 31, 2004, 10:07 PM
Well, wait... what do you want to do with this MP3 DVD? If you want to play it in a DVD player or MP3 CD player, it won't work most likely. Most DVD players do not recognize MP3s on a DVD the same way as an MP3 CD.

If you want to burn a bunch of tunes, just use iTunes. Go into the Burning prefs and set it to Data DVD. Then pop in a DVD and hit Burn :)

In Toast, if you want to burn MP3s onto a DVD, use Data (Mac & PC).

Well, I was hoping it would work the same was an MP3 CD, but if it doesn't, thats fine. I just need to delete some stuff, but I don't want it gone forever. I just thought it'd be cool if I could still listen to it without putting it onto the computer. That's a bummer, oh well.

I'll go the Toast route, as iTunes doesn't recognize my external DVD burner.

Thanks

Horrortaxi
Aug 1, 2004, 10:56 AM
Well, I was hoping it would work the same was an MP3 CD...I just thought it'd be cool if I could still listen to it without putting it onto the computer.
It would have been helpful if you said that originally.

Devices that only read CDs only read CDs and a DVD is not a CD.

rickvanr
Aug 1, 2004, 11:11 AM
It would have been helpful if you said that originally.

Devices that only read CDs only read CDs and a DVD is not a CD.

Little misunderstanding here. First off, I'm not an idiot. Secondly, I would be listening to it through my DVD player.

So would that work?

Kingsnapped
Aug 1, 2004, 11:15 AM
It'll work on some DVD players, but many only work with MP3 CDs, or don't care for MP3s at all.