Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LifeIsCheap

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Sydney, Oz.
Hi All,

I've got a mixed h/w s/w music creation setup at home. I've got my DJ gear which consists of 2*Pioneer CDJ-1000 CD decks and a Pioneer DJM-600 mixer and an iBook running Live and a Toshiba laptop running Reason 2.5. I also have a MIDI keyboard which I run into the PC laptop using an Edirol MIDI interface.

Here's the question... what I would really like to do is to get a piece of kit (or s/w is possible) that takes a main output from my mixer and creates a MIDI clock that I can feed into either the PC or the iBook so that I can synch Reason or Live to the beat coming from the decks. There used to be a bit of kit that would be perfect for the job from Redsound called the MicroSynch Beat Extractor. It is still featured on their website but no longer sold anywhere (confirmed with their support people some time ago).

Anyone know of any other similar product? I don't really want to replace my mixer with another with this capability ($$$s)...

Cheers!
Si.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.