PDA

View Full Version : What does a guy have to do to get a MIDI clock signal around here???

LifeIsCheap
Jul 31, 2004, 05:51 PM
Hi All,

I've got a mixed h/w s/w music creation setup at home. I've got my DJ gear which consists of 2*Pioneer CDJ-1000 CD decks and a Pioneer DJM-600 mixer and an iBook running Live and a Toshiba laptop running Reason 2.5. I also have a MIDI keyboard which I run into the PC laptop using an Edirol MIDI interface.

Here's the question... what I would really like to do is to get a piece of kit (or s/w is possible) that takes a main output from my mixer and creates a MIDI clock that I can feed into either the PC or the iBook so that I can synch Reason or Live to the beat coming from the decks. There used to be a bit of kit that would be perfect for the job from Redsound called the MicroSynch Beat Extractor (http://www.redsound.com/products/msync/microsync.pdf). It is still featured on their website but no longer sold anywhere (confirmed with their support people some time ago).

Anyone know of any other similar product? I don't really want to replace my mixer with another with this capability ($$$s)...

Cheers!
Si.