PDA

View Full Version : How much could I sell a fully functional Mac Plus for?

neoelectronaut
Jul 31, 2004, 09:48 PM
Fully Functional Mac Plus. Keyboard. Mouse. Carrying Bag. Assorted Disks for Applications. How much could I get for it?

Macmaniac
Jul 31, 2004, 09:52 PM
Maybe $20 at the most, a fully functional SE can go for $40. It depends where you sell it.

neoelectronaut
Jul 31, 2004, 10:02 PM
Wow, that's it, huh?

That sucks. I was hoping about $50.

If I'm only going to get $20, I'd rather just hold onto it.

applemacdude
Jul 31, 2004, 11:09 PM
15 tops on a good eBay day, yea you can make it into a aquirium or something

pseudobrit
Jul 31, 2004, 11:36 PM
Just hold onto it. Wrap it tight in plastic and keep it 'til it's an "historic" model. :)

Remember that school disctricts sell old Macs by the pallet.

Nermal
Aug 1, 2004, 01:17 AM
The Plus had the longest "lifespan", in that it could run all the systems from 1.1 to 7.5.5. Since it's special in that regard, it should (eventually) be worth something.

And now I must apologise in advance for this:

*** :D:D:D AS OF THIS POST I AM NOW A 68040 :D:D:D ***

medea
Aug 1, 2004, 09:33 AM
You might be able to fool someone into paying more if you say it's the same Mac Plus that was in Star Trek IV.
heh. I'm just joking of course, hold on to that Mr. T until it's actually worth some money.

seamuskrat
Aug 1, 2004, 09:56 AM
What software apps do you have for it? Make a listing of everything you have got. Maybe the entire package will make it worth more.

The machine along is about 15 to 20. But the software disks, accessories can add value. Post a pic as well.

Fully Functional Mac Plus. Keyboard. Mouse. Carrying Bag. Assorted Disks for Applications. How much could I get for it?