Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odelay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Awesome. I've been waiting for this. Massive speed improvement in syncing. Now the best google reader app on all levels IMO.

BD1

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
Just tried 2.2. Still has major bugs with unread/read counts. I even tried deleting and downloading new version.

When I switch back and forth between using Newsstand and google reader on my macbook, newsstand does not pickup the most recent read articles from google reader. I have lots of feeds/folders so maybe that causes problems. I tried sync button, starting app, etc. But unread counts are wrong.

Speed of loading new articles is much better.

Still no way (that I can see) to mark article unread.

So I am staying with MobileRSS for now.

Hicks.

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2006
UK
Still find this kills my memory. I'm syncing 22 feeds. It's a bit faster than the previous version- although not by much even when I've compressed my DB (which seemed to take ages). I have to run memory sweeper quite regularly to free up RAM again.

Really useful app though. I don't get much time with my laptop anymore so it comes in handy to keep up to speed with things.

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
I think, it's obvious who the loser is amongst the four (lol):

ic1yl4.jpg

All three fetched 85 items (Newsie has no badge notification), while Newsstand fetched only 83. :rolleyes:

BD1

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
I can only view the headlines of feeds, anyone else have this problem? :confused:

I have given up on newsstand. It has problems with sync and sync counts. I emailed the developer 2 releases ago when this problem seemed to start but never got a response.

I have switched to mobilerss which I think is best rss reader (I have tried most).

They have a free and paid version which they just updated today with a few enhancements and bug fixes:

free:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobilerss-free-google-reader/id333925239?mt=8

paid (no ads):
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobilerss-for-google-rss-reader/id325594202?mt=8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.