Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Maybe it's a stupid question, but anyways:

Is is possible to save streaming content like an audio or video stream via QT, Realplayer or WMP?

Is there some kind of software out there to do this job?

I'm looking for a way to store sports games...

jph

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
QT pro verison supports that features with streams that let you.

there are also serveral post on this board or search google for how to do it with the standard verison.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I can't help you with video since I've never looked into it myself, but like Richter said above, use WireTap. It's free if you go to http://www.versiontracker.com, and was quite good at recording several live music streams. I got an older Polyphonic Spree concert free off the web using this program, the KFOG acoustic solo concert given by Jack Johnson, and a Coldplay concert where they played live at The Forum from several years back. The BBC Radio1 and Radio6 webpages provide this sort of thing sometimes, so its quite useful. :)

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
QuickTime - It's possible to tell the QT server to send the stream over HTTP, so that you can download it with a regular download manager. I don't know how to do it though.

RealPlayer - I don't know how to download these on OS X but on Windows you can use FlyingRaichu StreamBox VCR.

WiMP - MS' streaming protocol is incapable of sending a 100% accurate stream. If you have a fast connection, you can use wget to download a stream, but it might have "blips" or dropped frames.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.