PDA

View Full Version : record player recommendation?

mc77
Nov 22, 2009, 03:50 PM
Hello All,

I'm hoping that I may be able to get some advice/suggestions on what kind of record player to buy to use with a mac pro. My situation is as follows: my fiancee has a ton of old records and really enjoys listening to them but her record player is broken. I have all of my music running through itunes to all the different speakers in the house. I'm wondering if when I can buy a record player, connect it to the mac pro, could I then select the speakers I want the record player to play to from itunes? Is this possible and if so, can someone point me in the right direction in terms of a player. Thanks in advance for any help on this. Cheers!

ChrisA
Nov 22, 2009, 04:21 PM
I think what you may want to do is digitized the LPs and bring them into iTunes.

What to buy depends on your budget and requirements for audio quality. There are some cheap $100 turn tables but the sky is the limit. The better your ears and the more listening experience you have to more it will cost you. If you do take the effort to transfer the LPs to digital you don't want to have to do it twice, so you might invest in better quality gear.

mc77
Nov 23, 2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks for your reply! What I'm really looking to do is just play the record through my mac because that is where the speakers are attached. Recording might be a nice side benefit, but really I just want to be able to play the records through the speakers attached to the mac - is this possible?