Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcin0903

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2009
Hi, I've got MacBook Unibody late 2008 and Snow Leopard. I've got an issue, becouse sometimes when I turn on my MB it shows on battery bar 0%, and when I look to the iStat Nano/coconut battery it shows that battery capacity is about 3%, sometimes I cannot turn on my MB, but it was fully charged a few minutes before, only if I connect AC Adapter and it starts also with this Service Battery. But after some restarts everything goes normal. Capacity is 100%, battery charge is same as before this issue (or a bit less, due those restarts etc...

Sorry for this chaotic explaination, but it's really annoying, I do not think that I should buy a new battery, becouse it has 166 cycles, so it is not so much to change battery (I don't think it's nothing, but of course it is not huge no. of cycles).

I tried to restart SMC, calibrate - but it does nothing.

Sorry for my English but I'm from Poland, and really desperated to make my MB normal.

PS. It happens sometimes, not always! :)

marcin0903

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2009
Damn, so I have my MacBook out for few weeks :/ - why? Not everywhere is like in U.S., UK, Germany, France... In ****ing Poland there is no Apple Retail Store, only Premium Resellers that don't care of customers..

But thanks a lot for quick answer. If anyone has any advices please post them :).

Oh.. one more thing, if I will give my MB to the service, I think that they will launch MB once, and this one time everything will be correct and they will said that I'm wasting their time and everything is correct or they will just say sth about changing battery. Dead end...

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
I realize a quick fix would avoid losing your toy for a week or so, but better do so while the repair is free rather than having it crap out completely, and being on the hook for the replacement.

You should have no such problems with ~160 cycles.

marcin0903

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2009
Why? Have you tested that or what? How software can defect battery work? Thx for tip, but first I just wanna know, I'm to lazy to check my all software ;).

I attached current screens. That "Wymaga Naprawy" means "Service Battery"

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2009-11-23 (godz. 23.26.55).png
    Zrzut ekranu 2009-11-23 (godz. 23.26.55).png
    92.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Zrzut ekranu 2009-11-23 (godz. 23.27.46).png
    Zrzut ekranu 2009-11-23 (godz. 23.27.46).png
    41.4 KB · Views: 73

fluffyx

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
Visit this web page to find your local AppleCare phone number.

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/phone_contacts.html

I've never requested service internationally, but it's my understanding that Apple provides the same level of service in other countries as in the U.S.

-

In the U.S., you'd state that it was inconvenient for you to visit a retail location, and they'd ship you a replacement battery via overnight shipping.

Give em a call and let us know if this is the same where you are!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.