Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SweetVenom101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Evening everyone,
This site has helped me a great deal in the past for many issues however I've failed to find a fix to the issue that's been bugging me since my upgrade to 10.6.2. I'm more of a weekend warrior in the gaming world; I don't have much time to play as much as I'd like too but the game I admire the most and enjoy is Battlefield 2142. I know it's a dinosaur but I play avidly. My issue has only come to pass since I've upgraded to Snow Leopard. It's kind of a strange flaw. The game has always worked flawlessly on 10.5 and continues to this day but only at 98.8 percent. All the BF's in multiplayer rely a lot on VOIP. I've dropped big bucks on headphones specifically for this reason and if you've played you know why. However when I fire up the game after I've plugged in my USB headphones and calibrated everything in the OSX (no flaws), game vids play, menu comes up (no flaws) click the option tab (no flaws), Click the sound options tab = Sound drops out to never come back again until game is reset. Even if I skip the sound tab and proceed into a game all sound is lost. Keep in mind this only occurs when I have a USB headset plugged in. The sound is perfect through the 5.1 surround sound but VOIP comes in handy, so I'm hoping to fix this. I'm currently running 1.5 of BF 2142 and have been since the upgrade to Snow Leopard. I've purchased TWO new headphones that are also USB that had driver support (Logitech, Razer) to no avail. So this is clearly a software issue. I've never encountered any issue with Snow Leopard except for this one. I've used snow checker to see if it could spot a flaw but I don't think BF 2142 is that popular for anyone to really care anymore. Has anyone encountered this issue before? I'm all ears for any suggestions cause I'm out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.