Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Around
So I went to my in-laws house and for some reason I couldn't connect to their Airport/Router. I was on it once before and none of the settings were changed because I was on the router with my iPhone at that point. So I tried to turn off my Airport on my Mac just to see if that would work, and it won't turn off. I restarted my computer and nothing, still stays on. I turned off my Time Machine just to see if that was the issue and it wasn't. I will probably make an appointment with Apple and maybe call Applecare, but just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas here 1st.
I am now back at home and stuff can't turn it off. If it helps I am running Snow Leopard on my Mac.

Thanks

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
First, try a PRAM reset.

Also, try deleting com.apple.airport.preferences.plist, NetworkInterfaces.plist, and preferences.plist form /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and restart your computer.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Repair your permissions then then reboot the computer and try again. See if that helps. :)

That's under Disk utility? then I select Mac HD and select "Repair permissions"?

First, try a PRAM reset.

Also, try deleting com.apple.airport.preferences.plist, NetworkInterfaces.plist, and preferences.plist form /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and restart your computer.

I followed that path and when I got to /Library/Preferences I didn't see a "SystemConfiguration"
Also what's a PRAM reset? sorry I am still learning things here.

EDIT: I found out how to do a PRAM reset and it didn't do anything.

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
That's under Disk utility? then I select Mac HD and select "Repair permissions"?

I followed that path and when I got to /Library/Preferences I didn't see a "SystemConfiguration"
Also what's a PRAM reset? sorry I am still learning things here.

EDIT: I found out how to do a PRAM reset and it didn't do anything.

You need to make sure you go to Macintosh HD>Library>Preferences and find the folder. You went to your user-specific Library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.